Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Taking a break!

The movers showed up at 7pm ish Monday night and delivered about 60% of our goods and then delivered the rest Tuesday bright and early 8:30am. Yikes! I was not ready for that wake up call, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I decided to start unpacking in the bedroom. I forgot we had so much stuff. Thankfully I have the whole week off from work to get in and get settled. Hopefully I can do it all before the weekend. I feel like I might need some fun by the time this weekend rolls around.

So on to some more fun things... Like pictures from my trip from Anchorage to Tok. Remember that? Wonder why you've heard the expression, "when life spins ya" ... well it is because you come right back around :)


This was the first time I've ever seen a herd of Caribou and they crossed the highway in front of us. We came to a complete stop to watch them cross. It was incredible!











Oh.. and the Swans, they were amazing! We saw these first as we were almost to Tok. There were so many I didn't even attempt to count them. Further along, on our way from Tok to Haines, we saw them pairing off, such a beautiful sight.

I tried to get a picture of the porcupine I saw, but I was having problems with my camera, which is crazy odd. I love my camera.

I didn't take any pictures of Tok. I think maybe because there just isn't much there. We did have a nice place to sleep and eat at Fast Eddies. So if ever you are on your way through there, now you know a good place to stay.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope your unpacking goes quickly and smoothly.

MJ said...

The caribou crossing would be a sight to see. I haven't seen them migrate and can't imagine that they'd just stroll across a highway. Why do I think stampeding is a part of animal migration? LOL!

Karen Travels said...

You sound so happy!! yay!! I DO stop in Ketchikan, and in good hours too (as in, not in the middle of the night!!). Drop me an e-mail windrambler@aol.com

the fan said...

I really enjoy your Alaskan adventures and photos. My niece lives in North Pole, so it gives me a glimpse into your gorgeous State and a sense of where both of you are living. Keep up the lovely stories and photos. xox the fan

alittlebitofscrap said...

Thanks the fan! I'm glad you enjoy them :) That makes me happy!

cinnibonbon said...

Hang in with the unpacking girl!!!
But hey-- this could be fun...another chance to restyle up some rooms and make some changes!!!! That's always fun!!!

XOXOXO

alittlebitofscrap said...

Lots of "restyling" going on here.. also gives me a chance to throw out stuff that I didn't get a chance before packing. I'm going to have a whopper of a yard sale! :)

lisaknits said...

Awesome pics! I enjoyed "seeing' part of your journey! Wish I wasn't your long distnce friend..I would love to help you unpack! take some time to knit amidst all the work!!