The trip along the Alaska Highway started bright and early and it was a good thing we started as early as we did! Also, it was a good thing we brought food and drinks. There is no where, absolutely No Where to stop to eat, to pee, to nada but take pictures and view the wildlife. Or so it was on our way between Tok and Haines Junction. I think the nicest part of the whole trip was actually between Haines Junction and Haines. Be prepared if you do take this route, the roads aren't that great. When it says bump, dip, rough road.. they really mean it!On this second day of our trip, We saw a fox, swans pairing off, ducks wherever there were swans (I thought that interesting), more incredible views of mountains (we got up to over 6000ft), then down to sea level when we reached Haines, where there were more swans, ducks and eagles. Haines is a delightful little town. I enjoyed our stay there. I highly recommend the Alaska Guard House. It has the best B&B atmosphere ever and the owner is very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean.. and when you are travel weary, we all know how very

important that is!!



4 comments:
my son especially liked your fox photo. isnt this a beautiful state?? welcome home. hope you get all settled in soon.
you look amazing, btw. congratulations on your weight loss. you have made an incredible accomplishment.
cheers!
Oh Thanks! It is so good to be home too!
Gorgeous pics! And to think that I was thrilled to see a swan swimming with a bunch of ducks on our ride home from Nj yesterday!!! hehe we take what beauties we can get!
beautiful , just beautiful!my boy liked the fox too
Post a Comment