Sunday, June 21, 2009

Goals...

Last winter was horrible! and I was wishing the whole time I had more than my standard scarves. So.. I decided by next winter I'd have some and with style and personality. I enjoyed knitting the Ruffle Scarf above although I ripped it out when I had it almost completed. I do think the end result is worth it. I still need to steam it.

I knit this Bow-Knot Scarf just today. Instant Gratification, and I love it!
I was up unpacking looking for some lost pieces (or I thought) to my Tribeca Sweater and didn't go to bed. So in the early morning light (3:30am) I decided to cast on. I never thought I'd have it done today. Today is the longest day of the year, so maybe all that energy spurred me on to the finish line. Now, I just need to buy a blouse to wear with this :) or make one! That's my next venture.. sewing my own clothes! Gotta get my crafting room set up first.. Oh my list is getting longer and longer....

Isn't this dress lovely and classic... It is what I would like to take on next!

12 comments:

Heather said...

Love the scarves! That ruffle one is cute!!!! I vote for the short sleeves dress....love it!!!!! Cant wait to see it made.
Hugs,
Heather
P.S. You gotta catch up on the True Blood....it's sooo good!

erica said...

I love both of those scarves! Style and personality abound!

cinnibonbon said...

OMGoodness..I'm slavating. You are so talented...making your scraves and own clothes? Can we be neighbors? LOL. You could teach me how to sew a straight line--cause I still haven't mastered that!!!

I'm so excited for you --can't wait to see your finished craft room.

Rebecca said...

Lovely scarfs! And I can't wait to see the dress you create. Clothing is something I'm venturing into soon... sundresses for my little girl and undies for myself. :)

ChaChaneen said...

Yea!!! Congratulations, it looks GREAT! You will be one styling gal up there when the sun doesn't set. ha ha

MJ said...

The ruffle scarf is amazing! Well done on the knitting side!!

Karen Travels said...

Enjoying your pics! Wish I could knit like you, we really should have gotten together so you could have given me some tips!!

alittlebitofscrap said...

I totally agree Karen. I love giving out knitting tips and I do like meeting new people :)

Saucy said...

Wrap dresses are chic, timeless and flattering. You MUST take on that project, how amazing would that look on our lovely new Lisa?

Oh, and your scarves look very "anthropologie"... you should open up an etsy shop. Or have you?

the fan said...

I'm still busy - studying your photos! I had to giggle about how easy it was to get in to Canada! It had to be the location, m'dear, because we practically have to stand on our heads to 'get back in' when we leave for the 'lower 48'. xoxo the fan

alittlebitofscrap said...

Thank you for the compliments! No Etsy shop yet.

the treat girl said...

OOOMMMGGGG!!!! The Bow-Knot Scarf is the EXACT one I want to knit for all of my friends this year for Christmas!!!! My son's football camp starts every night of the week on Jul.27 and that's when I start my "holiday" knitting.....last year it was mittens for everyone! But this is a perfect project to use up a bunch of yarn in my stash. ....plus, I'd love to try that ruffled one as a treat for me! :) Thanks new friend!!!!!!