Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Main Attraction

This picture isn't the greatest, but it'll do.
My dh took it with his phone..
and I'm sure glad I didn't bring my Nikon
because it would have gotten soaked, or beaten up pretty bad.
We knew a rain storm was coming, we just didn't know when.
During Robert Randolph's performance the sky was putting on
a light show all on its own...
and we thought for a little while the clouds were heading away from us.
But no such luck!
Into EC's performance it started sprinkling and I put a t-shirt dh had bought
around my shoulders hoping it would take care of my back.
We were just under the pavilion, but not far enough out of harms way.
The lightening and thunder was pretty cool.
We just don't get storms like that here in this part of Alaska.
And just as he started singing Wonderful Tonight,
the sky fell and it was falling sideways, but we didn't care
We just cuddled up close and enjoyed the music.
Then... I thought it was over but the crowd was going wild with chanting
for another song.. so he came out and did Layla, Awesome!!
I had binoculars for the most part and EC just seems to do everything so effortlessly.
His music is simply amazing! He did do a couple acoustic ones (those are my favs!)
Have you seen Crossroads? You've got to rent the DVD's!! Fantastic..
Ok.. anyways... the show is over.. and people are running like mad to get to their cars.
We parked a mile away and that ain't no exaggeration!
We get bottlenecked in the masses and I had to find a way out!
I was getting anxious, panicky and very mad, it was go and stop.. like the hwy in winter!!
I had Hal's hand, he had his mother's hand, and she had Hal's sister's hand...
I found a way through some trees and I'm shorter than them.. and I took off..
I didn't know they were gettin' hit by tree limbs.. but I did get us outa Dodge!!
We finally got to the the rental and we were beyond soaked! and a little chilly.
It wasn't as warm in Indiana as I would have liked it to have been.
I was hopin' for some good deep heat to the bone warm... didn't really get it.
We actually got outa there pretty quick.. on to the road I mean.
But getting home... that's a whole other story!

7 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This looks like a lot of fun!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great time to me :)

MJ said...

What great memories! I love EC's accoustic music too!

The Other Side of Me said...

Lisa,

Glad the concert was great, but the crowd thing and trying to get back to the car would have freaked me out! Glad you got out of there safe.
Tammy

cinnibonbon said...

Oh what a roit and just bits of madness tossed it. I'm glad you made it out safely.

Renna said...

The concert sounds like a fun experience! I've always liked Eric Clapton's style of singing and music. :-)

I wanted to thank you for the comment on my blog's recipe box post.

I've been looking around, and you have a nice place here. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the EC concert. Me and OH are seeing him play in London next weekend! Can't wait! xx