Monday, June 9, 2008

Indianapolis Zoo

The Zoo was terrific in every since of the word! I fully enjoyed myself and was also a little terrified at times.

Terrified = snakes! I didn't take any pictures and had to walk as quickly as possible through that area.

Our nephew thought he wasn't scared of sharks and wanted to pet the baby sharks... but when we got to that area, he just couldn't do it... maybe he felt like I did about the snakes!

So what did we do at the Zoo!

We saw most all the mammals they had.
We saw the desert area... lizards.. yikes.. not fond of reptiles..
Rode the train.

The nephew & niece rode the ponies.
I think the only portion we didn't visit was the petting zoo.. but by the time we got around to it.. they so needed a nap!

I enjoyed the butterflies most of all. It was so pretty in there and so relaxing and so warm... just makes you feel happy and good.

They had to check our clothing before we went outside. I thought that was pretty cool.

And then there was the loveliest garden, just like out of an English countryside... Very manicured and very elegant. LOVED IT!

There were statues like this little prince charming waiting for his princess kiss all over the gardens. I could imagine all sorts of goings on there...

I didn't get a picture of the overall look of the place... but I did have two little monsters to keep up with.

Going to Indy was a welcomed change and I enjoyed every minute of it. But now that summer is approaching, don't think I'll be leaving until the fall for another trip.

I have a little bit more to tell about my trip... but I'll do that later.

Ps. My father-in-law let me play with a micro-Nikkor 55mm lens for as long as I want. I've been playing and I will show some of my photos and edits soon. :)

9 comments:

Marlies said...

Gorgeous pictures!
It looks like a very nice zoo by what I can tell from the pics. :)

Sharmaine said...

Gorgeous photos!!!!

Unknown said...

love the zoo pictures...great contrast on those wings! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics!! It looks like you had fun. :)

Heather said...

Great pictures Lisa!! Looks like fun!!

cinnibonbon said...

Yea Haw...on getting to play with that camera, I can't wait to see what you can up with!!

I love those pictures of those butterflies..LOL..they don't look abit like the ones I murdered the other day with my paper project!!!

As for snakes, well they don't bother me. Now creppy crawly things like a roach or beetle? well that's a different story!!! Have a good week.

Renna said...

Ditto to the others, your pictures are fantastic!

I love the prince charming statue. I wish I had one for my garden. ;-)

MJ said...

There's nothing like a good zoo to entertain the kids! Sounds like you had a great time! The butterfly exhibit sounds lovely!

Jules said...

Great photos can't wait to see you scrap them!!