Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stop Already!



























This picture was copied from the Mt. Redoubt webcam. Thougts of ash fall have consumed most of my day. Mt. Redoubt blew again this morning at 9:24am and moved the ash cloud pretty high up canceling all Alaska Airlines flights into and out of Alaska. They predict that Anchorage may get trace amounts but that would be later on this afternoon. The thing that bothers me the most is .. I had a trip planned with my MIL this weekend to the cabin and she is currently stuck in Seattle. Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated. If she can make it into Anchorage early enough tomorrow, we will still go, but if not, then we'll just go next weekend.

Good news.. I tried on my dh's snow pants and they fit!!! He's a 32. It is hard for me to believe and they weren't tight even. I was shocked. Holy Cow! So now I have some proper snow machine gear.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I was wondering if you guys were getting any of the ash after I heard about this on the news the other night. I really hope it doesnt ruin your plans! Goo luck! Congrats on the snow pants! :)

ChaChaneen said...

It must be night time because your pic is black now. Sorry to hear my bloggy friend is getting some ash action.. not good at all. I hope that your MIL can still visit but better to be safe and wait.

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

oh i really hope you got to go on your trip!!!!
and way to go on the pants fit!!!
love that scarf you made and shared in previous post!!
xo