4 years ago, I bought a dress, it was for a funeral. Today I was trying on the dress over there to the left<---and received the most disturbing news... My boss died yesterday of a heart attack while riding his snow machine. It was a beautiful day here in the AK, full sun, gorgeous for being out in the snow... but I have to wonder why.. He was only 43, seemed to be in good health, the best boss I'd ever had, genuinely a good person, and an excellent friend. I've lost a friend. I don't know how I'm going to go on at the office. ..
Good news... this is the first time I've purchased a dress in a store that doesn't sell plus sizes. I'm sure I'll be wearing this to the funeral ...
Do you believe in coincidence?



10 comments:
Wow Lisa, what a shock. Hugs and will be thinking of you this week.
PS that dress is gorgeous, well done :)
oh so sorry to hear about your boss!!!
sending you lots of hugs!!!
and well done on the dress!!!
xoxo
annie
Such a sad story. People in sunny, snowy climates can understand the irony of such a tragic event happening on a bright, white and sunny day. Condolences to your family and your office.
I am so proud of you for your accomplishments with your weight and your health... this is your affirmation yet again that life can be very short and how lucky we all are! No matter what size, but you will still look adorable. Post a pic if you can in that dress! Please.
I will try to remember to get a picture. It is hard to ask someone to take my picture, but I will try :)
sorry to hear about your friend. That is terrible. It always rattles me when young people die, although it makes you think about how you live your life.... The dress is gorgeous, I would wear it myself!
Oh goodness.. I'm so very sorry.
Hang in there girlie.. you've got a strong will..you can make through this.
Love, love the dress.
I am so so sorry for your loss. I am sending good thoughts your way.
Tina
P.S.The dress is lovely.
I am sorry you lost a friend and great supervisor. They can be hard to find.
Aw sweetie, it's always a shock when it is unexpected like that. At least he was doing something he enjoyed when he got his heavenly promotion! :)
You're going to look so pretty in your new dress too, very lovely!
That is terrible news you received about your boss...I'm sure it will be difficult to go back to work.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. We are hoping winter is almost over soon!
Post a Comment