Sunday, April 27, 2008

Could this be winter's last blow?



The above picture is what my back yard looked like before I went to bed Friday night.



This is what the trucks looked like Saturday morning. Please consider.. we both worked and both of the trucks barely had any snow on them when we got home from work Friday night.
Needless to say, all this but me in a pretty bad mood.. I didn't even keep my date with the girls Friday night because it was so so messy out. The weekend wasn't wasted though, I got some needed house chores done (with dh help :) and got some much needed R&R! watched the kitties some and cooked a pretty good Sunday dinner. I got dh to clean the snow off the porch and grill so I could grill chicken! Yummy! I marinated it with Jamaica Me Sweet Hot `N Crazy, so good, I highly recommend it. I also cooked southern style potato salad and stir fry green beans. Then for dessert we had blueberry dump cake with Cold Stone Sweet Cream ice cream...
Hello! Left overs :)

And now I'm officially counting down... 26 more days until we leave for Indy! :) Going to see Eric Clapton in concert and get some family time in there too. Hopefully Indy will give me some spring!

ps.. I accidently deleted two comments I wouldn't have normally deleted. I got a little too fast for my own good. Please know.. that I very much enjoy all the thoughtful comments left to me. :)

6 comments:

Angie said...

Ok, your blog is making me very very cold. I haven't seen snow like that since we had our last big snowfall back in the beginning of March.

Heather said...

That snow would be enough to make me be in a bad mood and stay in. I honestly don't think I love snow that much to live in that beautiful state that you do.

Sounds like it all turned out good in the end though...dessert sounds yummy!!!

MJ said...

Your dinner sounded delicious but the big oooh came when I read of seeing Eric Clapton in concert. I love his accoustic CD. Electronics covers up so much musicianship sometimes! I hope he plays some accoustic music for you!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I can't believe you have that much snow! Even though it is SPring, it made me want to go jump in it :) Your menu sounded very good--especially the dump cake. Is Southern Style potato salad mashed? There is thie potato salad that my hubby found in Texas that we haven't been able to find here in IL/MO...

alittlebitofscrap said...

Southern style potato salad has mustard in it and no celery, other ingredients: chopped boiled eggs, mayo, creole seasoning (preferably Tony's), a little gumbo file, finely chopped onions and dill relish. I cube my potatoes then I boil them, let them cool, then mix in everything. If you mix in everything while they are hot.. the potatoes will fall apart. Then you put it in the fridge and let the flavors meld. Garnish with a little paprika if you like. It is good stuff :)

The dump cake is even easier...
9x13 pan, pour 2 cans of blueberry pie filling in your pan, pour one yellow cake mix on top, and then add one stick of butter (sliced and spread out evenly across top) follow baking instructions on cake box. Serve with vanilla ice cream .. Yum yum! You can also google dump cake and find lots of variations. Have fun with it!

The Other Side of Me said...

Lisa,

Your dinner sounds awesome. Thanks for the recipes below. I hope you feel the warmth of the sun on your face soon.
Tammy