Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yay!

Yay! for me. Today I got all the scrappy/sewing/crafting stuff out of my truck.
It felt so good to actually finish a project within the time limit I gave myself.
That in itself is progress for me.
I usually have very good intentions and most times start early, but never quite
seem to make the deadline that I originally set for myself. I'm proud of me.
I was sitting there on my piano stool and thinking.. well, now that I've got all this space..
what to do first?
Sensory Overload!! I just didn't know what to do with myself,
so I just sat there and stared for a little while.
Then I decided to get the last layout I had worked on and finish it and I did.
It was for one of my Mom's installment albums. Yippe!
I will be the hap, hap, happiest person alive when I get all those pictures in albums!

Speaking of happiness.. just look at Purrcules.
Every morning when I roll outa bed and open the door,
he races in and burrows himself under those covers.
Cute, but silly cat!
Really he is doing exactly what I want to do most weekday mornings.
I got to do that today.
DH woke up, went for coffee with MIL and I stayed all warm and toasty
in bed. Well, I did until the phone rang.
I had a wonderful stay in my jammies, don't leave the house, kinda day.
Love those days.

And days like that allow you time to work at leisure on new projects.
I have started a Lucy Bag for me.
Yes, I love red, can't ya tell.. lol!
I'm going to stripe this one with cream & brown.
This is my first felting project and if all goes well, then it will not be my last.
I'm thinking about making bags for Christmas presents. Fun!
That time line with all the other things I want to accomplish might be unrealistic.
We will see.

8 comments:

Sharmaine said...

Sounds like an idealy wonderful day!!
To answer your question, it was an edited photo. Have a 'colour in' option and it makes the photo into a sketch like photo. It doesn't work well on most photos but when it works, it works ;)

FauveDesign said...

Your space looks SO cute!!

scrapwitch said...

yes i love red.too...
can you tell me what your template for your blog is lisa..i want that strech that you have

Sandra said...

Well done! This sounds like such a great day.

Korbyn said...

so glad you got some extra bed time!!! I love the bag! I think that is a great idea for Christmas presents!! :)

Bernadette Merikle said...

maybe THAT is what I need to try...giving myself a time limit and going from there. As it stands...I'm no good about getting anything finished...always about trying to do too much in too little time.

Heather said...

OMG can I be on your christmas list? LOL....Can't wait to see your bag!!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Purrcules!!! Hilarious kitty name. I love it.