Saturday, January 12, 2008

Winter White...




It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... Finally some sunshine! We are gaining minutes of sunlight daily! It barely got above zero today, +5F, but I still enjoyed myself. After fighting traffic all week, 1hr+, I finally get a beautiful day to enjoy.

Getting to work and back again everyday has been just awful, especially with wrecks going and coming everyday, enough to drive you literally mad! It has been snowing all week long. I'm so glad it didn't snow today.

I wanted to get out and take some pictures. I took a few, but I forgot my spare battery. Crazy me!

This moose was munching away and I was so excited to get his picture... I only got three before my battery went dead! And wouldn't you know it, the next picture was my dream shot! He turned around so that I could get a full body shot nice and clear with that gorgeous sunset over the inlet in the background.

8 comments:

Sharmaine said...

Firstly HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Second Thanks for stopping by my blog
Thirdly LOVE your photos too!!
and fourthly can you share your knowledge on the sky thing, I hear it is the light reflecting off the sea but I like to think it's more complicated than that ;) lol

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh those photos are so beautiful! I think I wanna come to Alaska one day- I love the nature!

Edleen said...

wow! love all your photo shots! i wanna be there right now! :D

Happy Anniversary!!!

Angela said...

oh my goodness that's so pretty!

Congrats on your anniversary with many more to come!
xoxo

Cricket said...

Hi Lisa!
Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, I have seen Must Love Dogs and I love it!!

Wow, I have wanted to visit Alaska forever!! The pictures you shared are fabulous! It looks beautiful, even if it's colder than heck LOL! I'm hoping someday my dh and I will make it there, I'd love to see Denali!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

smiles,

MJ said...

Lovely photos. I haven't seen a moose that close up before ~ I think it might be a little intimidating!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I'm soooo jealous! We want some snow! YOur photos are GREAT.

Anonymous said...

brrrr... amazing pictures though! Do you think you could send some snow my way?