My husband just accepted a job with the Forest Service in Ketchikan, Alaska which is located in Southeast Alaska. He will be working in the Tongass National Forest. His start date at the new job is May 10th. That gives me a month to get everything in order and kick into overdrive. I don't know if I will have a spare moment for knitting or anything. We have so much to do... Pack, sell home, update my resume, find a new home... Now that reality has kicked in, I'm getting anxious!Does anyone have any helpful suggestions???
I do know one thing... I've got to get my passport! Like now.



9 comments:
If you need help moving/packing/loading can I help? In exchange for a visit in ketchikan this summer? I think my ferry stops there, and I hear it is a beautiful little town. I am jealous!!
Oh, p.s. my blog post was an April Fool's joke!
Congrats to you and your husband!!! I checked out the Tongass National Forest site and I have to say that I'm pretty jealous. Sled-dog rides on a glacier.....sounds like fun!
As far as offering advice for moving, it's a pain....but one thing I did when we moved was go through everything in my house and pitch/donate what I no longer found use for. Good luck!!!
Yeah, I'm definitely going to be filtering through every little item in our house. Over 7 years you can accumulate lots of stuff!
So lucky! It sounds so beautiful...
Congrats to you and hubby!! I can't wait to see pics.
tina
Does this mean that you are about to become a southerner? LOL!
One reason why I am taking so long in putting things away from the reno is that my dh didn't pitch/donate what needed to go and just packed it all up! I've been pitching/donating too! Join the club!
Happy moving!
CONGRATS on the new move...how exciting!!! I send you good vibes to have a great move.
wow!!! how exciting. indeed i think you may want to get one of each of those stylin' rain coats! i will look forward to you blogging from your new location.
I'm always happy to have hobbies when I move. Helps for when you haven't met the right people yet.
We are house hunting right now and can't even imagine packing my basement.
My husband use to be a river guide in Haines and we just had friends from there visit.
Hi Lisa~~
How exciting!! I checked out the link.it looks so beautiful there. SO wild and untamed comopared to upstate NY. One of these days I need to get out there for a trip. the farthest north I have been is canada..and the farthest west- texas. Good luck with everything and shake off the stress and enjoy the process. life can be so boring sometimes...change is good!!
your fiber friend lisa
Post a Comment