Saturday, April 25, 2009

Anxiously awaiting...


You can only get to Ketchikan two ways.. boat or plane. I never have liked the idea of living on an island, but an adventure is an adventure. I like new experiences, discovering and learning about new cultures.. This is going to be good.

Our realtor said that she would introduce me to the Ketchikan Area Arts and Humanities Council and plans to get me involved now that she knows I'm crafty and can sew. And this sounds fun... "Monthly Grind, Saturday,7pm at the Saxman Tribal house. Live local talent, dessert and coffee, all for just $5 per adult, and $1 for kids. Buy a ticket, bring a homemade dessert and get a refund." Sitnews. This just might give me a reason to make cupcakes like Saucy!!!! Ok, if you don't click on any other link provided here today.. YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST LOOK AT THOSE CUPCAKES!!!

It took me so long to find real friendship in Anchorage where the community is so transit, that I'm looking forward to just jumping in and getting to know folks. I'm anxious, but I feel it will be a good thing..


I think this is such a delightful picture.. You should have seen the whole thing.. I could just imagine little fairies having a party and these were the lanterns left over from the grand gala.
The tree also looks like it has a million little cystals hanging from its branches.... Love it!

Everyone said that I'm not going to like all the rain in Ketchikan, where they say it rains "all the time." I find that a bit of an exaggeration ! And what they all don't know is, I'm from one of THE rainest spots in the US.. This study ranked 195 cities in the contiguous 48 states, which of course doesn't include Alaska or Hawaii..


See that pink building in the distance, that is the Federal Building where Hal will be working. I find it funny, because the boy will not even where a pink shirt! You can barely see where I'll be working in this picture too. It is on the right at the top of the street, close to the intersection there. I'll be walking distance for lunch dates.. How cool! and our house is walking distance as well! Score :)

I've been working around the house in between writing this post. After today, I might be MIA for a while. Monday & Tuesday they pack us out, Wednesday I've got to clean up, Thursday & Friday I'm on the road from Eagle River to Haines, Saturday & Sunday on the ferry from Haines to Ketchikan, and Monday I start work. I will be sure to take pictures along the way and update soon...

I hope y'all have a great week!

7 comments:

MJ said...

My dh refuses to wear pink too; he used to refuse to wear purple but then relented when I purchased a shirt for him. Now he wears lots of purple because he gets so many compliments when he wears it! Try a purple shirt for your guy!!

zakkalife said...

That's nice that the Realtor is going to introduce you to the Ketchikan Area Arts and Humanities Council. It seems very thoughtful of her to take that extra step.

The "montly grind" sounds fun too. I'm sure it will be a great way to meet people.

P.S. checked out the cupcakes, yum

twinkle teaches said...

Super photos! I don't think my husband has pink or purple in his closet but I really do think pink looks good on guys.
Tina :)

Karen Travels said...

GOOD LUCK!!

Angie said...

HA! It is funny that a man who refuses to wear pink is working in a pink building.

I'm so happy for you Lisa!!! It looks like a beautiful place to live as well.

Anonymous said...

Likes like a cute little town! They say it rains all the time in Seattle too, but that's just to keep everyone from moving here.

lisaknits said...

I love the pics! The town looks darling and how convenient to be in walking distance from home to work!