Monday, April 27, 2009

Leaving...


This is where it all happened.... 16224 Copper Mountain Circle. This is the first house that we've purchased. This garden was the first garden that I planted at MY house :)
I don't get sentimental much, but right now I'm feeling it. Our place in Ketchikan does not have a yard like this to work in...

Or a deck like this to grill on and just hang... and have a cigar if you like...
And just as it is getting to be spring....

7 comments:

MJ said...

Transition can be challenging. Exciting, nerve-wracking, sad, happy, all those emotions. Chapters closing, new ones opening.

Good luck with your new chapter.

lisaknits said...

It seems like it a bittersweet experience for you! But i think you are right..it will be an adventure living on an island. I am sure you will be feeling "at home" soon enough. Think "container" garden..is there room for that?

alittlebitofscrap said...

Yeah.. I'm getting excited about what I'm adding to my life instead of what I'm losing.

I think the deck will be too windy to have anything out there, but I'll have an excellent kitchen window for herbs :)

Angie said...

Goodbye house! It seems that it'll all be for the better though. Our old house had real hardwood floors that I still miss to this day. But I think of all the benefits of my kids actually having a yard to play in etc.

James smokes cigars, I love the smell of them, he smokes Cohiba and nicaraguan something or rather.

Unknown said...

Lisa,

Sorry to see you leave. I appreciate the brief time getting know you at the Sit & Knits. The pictures on your blog is beautiful. I wish you luck.
Do you have a facebook acct?

alittlebitofscrap said...

I know.. Nette.. it was too short. Hey, but anytime you are in Ketchikan, look me up!

Saucy said...

You can still find ways to enjoy the outdoors and that kitchen window sounds really lovely. I also get attached to houses.

Good Luck!