Friday, February 20, 2009

Generosity...

I signed up for I'm A Ginger Monkey's International Fat Quarter Swap for fun and I received my package today! My swap partner really out did herself.. all she was suppose to send was 2 fat quarters and maybe a notion.. I got 3 fat quarters (which I really like, especially the seaside one), 1 skein of gorgeous yarn with the Feather & Fan Scarf pattern, a Yarn Forward Magazine and the most lovely handwritten letter. The letter took me away to another place. I could just image her sitting there and writing to me.... So sweet!

And then... Hello.. Not one but a second package for me today and it was from my swap buddy over at Ravelry! Another lady who went above the call of duty!! Such generosity. I'm really feeling the love here :)

I enjoyed both swaps, but I think I need to get busy now and produce something with all these lovelies!! No swapping for me for a while. I'm set!

Crafty people are just the best!

I've been in a bit of a fog this week and this goodness has lifted me right out of it.

9 comments:

twinkle teaches said...

Such happy mail!! That is great! :)
tina

Lisabeth and Jeff said...

hello!
first, a big congratulations on your milestone. (i am doing a little happy dance for you!)
second--thanks for clueing me in on 2 fantastic sounding yarn spots right in my back yard, i am SO excited! (i did know about pandamonium, i love that place.)
so i thank you, and as always, im happy i stopped by your little spot on the web.

Karen Travels said...

I think everyone has been in a fog - the weather was so gross until Friday! I like warmth, but not the gray that comes with it!!

ChaChaneen said...

Wow look at you lucky lady! I have no idea what all those quilty, crafty words are with fat quarters and all but it sure looks like fun to receive!!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

So fun! I love swaps, but can only handle one at a time or I forget, mail it late, and have to rush at the last minute. Have a great day!

MJ said...

What great swaps! I never hear of them until too late! I try to console myself that I wouldn't know what to do with a skein!!

cinnibonbon said...

Yeeeaaaa!!
Look at all that loot!!
hey I don't know what a fat quarter is but it sounds like something I'd love to eat..hehe

Thanks girlie for the comments to my hub's doggy!!! Girl..that hit me harder than anything else ever has.

Anonymous said...

Nice!! Question, is that Yarn Forward magazine the one with the cute bib green shirt in it?

ChaChaneen said...

Hi again,
Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you! Check out my blog to find out. I hope you'll play along!