I'm so happy that my Mother was able to come up here to spend recovery time with me. She made everything so much easier and better. I wish she could have stayed until Christmas, however, I'm very thankful for the three weeks she did get to stay. I took this picture of her out at Turnagain Arm from the Seward Hwy. She had never seen so much snow before and just had the most fun getting out, taking photos and enjoying the sunshine. We took advantage of that sunshine too! No Christmas shopping for us! Not while there's sunshine. One can shop in the dark... LOL...We took lots of pictures while she was here and here are a few of her favorites:
My Mother was very fascinated by the hoar frost and how it stuck to the trees and most everything in sight. It really is a beautiful thing to see and makes you feel like you are in a Winter Wonderland.

And if you make the trip to Alaska, you absolutely have to have a great picture of McKinley/Denali. The drive up the Parks Hwy was so much fun. There was loads of sunshine Sunday. No sittin' around the house for us. It is a long drive from Eagle River though. I do advise that if you ever do come this way, the best place to take a picture of McKinley is either from Mile Post 135ish.. there's a pull out there.. or from the Princess Lodge in Talkeetna.

I just dropped Mother off at the airport and she's headed back to MS. She did do me one last huge favor... she took some Christmas presents in a carry on for me and now I don't have to go to the Post Office! Major score. She's the best!



8 comments:
What lovely photos! I think of how I'd love to live in such a lovely place and then remember how long your winter is, how cold it is, and the lack of sunlight. I think the latter is my biggest obstacle! But I really ucderstand why those who can, do!
I'm glad you are doing better and hope this progress continues! Hope your mom has a safe flight home!
The lack of sunlight does hit you hard and the winter solstice is coming up... I think January is the most dreadful month of the year... but Jun-Aug is well worth living here :)
Mom's always know best. That was so sweet of her to come up.
You look absolutely beautiful! And I'm so glad to hear your doing a lot better and have those things removed.
I am so glad that you got to see your Mom for awhile. There is nothing like Mom when we need a hekping hand or just a hug. The pictures of the winter wonderland are great.
You look fab. I hope that you are having a good recovery.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Tammy
I definitely never took pictures during our big snow, and you're making me regret it! :) I'm sure there will be more, and I will seize the opportunity!
if you drop me an email i will send you the tutorial on how to make a multi pic banner- its easy and COOL! i just found your comment on it from a while ago.
my email- mtngreta (at) gmail.com
(so as not to get spammed... hope that works)
Glad to see you feeling better! Great pictures!!
GREAT photos!! The berry one is frameable. You look great with that very content look you always have:) I really wish we had snow for the holidays. I hope you have a lovely week.
Post a Comment