Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shopping ... Hospital...

I started throwing up at work on Friday. Poor guys, I really scared them. But after that episode, I drove myself home and really started to feel a little better.

On Saturday, when I awoke, I felt horrible, but dh wanted me to get out of the house with him so I reluctantly agreed. We went to Nordstrom's. I needed a new bra... and I've went down from a FF to a DDD and lost 2 inches around my strap. Why do the girls have to leave me? I wish the gut were going as fast as the boobs! But hey, at least I'm losing the weight. I weighed 252 this am.

When we got home that afternoon, I was feeling very nauseated and I started throwing up. Not a good sign. We called the surgeon and she said go to the ER. So, another weekend admitted to the hospital. I had a narrowing of the stoma again and they had to dilate the opening.

I was released yesterday. Thankfully, the IV that they had put in on Saturday lasted until Tuesday morning. That's the first time an IV has ever lasted that long in me without infiltrating. Last time I had an IV for everyday that I was there and sometimes it took up to 3 tries and one day I had to have it replaced twice.

So, I'm at home today. Fixin' to try some chicken broth. Hopefully, it works. I'm a little apprehensive about this whole thing. I know no one likes to be sick, but I'm such a baby about it. I just want to go on... living.. but not in fear.

7 comments:

Sharmaine said...

oh you poor chicky!!
I can totally understand the fear, when I was pregnant with no2 I was sick the whole time, eat, vomit, eat vomit. Was awful and when I was pregnant with 3 and 4 I remember wondering if it was going to happen again. It did but thankfully not as long and not as bad. Hope everything settles down, hugs and yay for the new bra :)

MJ said...

Poor kid! Hope you are feeling better soon!

If there's any solace, I too have lots of cushioning all about except the bottom of my right foot. Life can be so unfair sometimes!

Heather said...

OMG Lisa! I wish we lived closer so I could bring you some broth my self!!

Please take care of yourself and keep us updated!!

I have to say I would be really bummed if I lost the girls instead of my gut. I really don't have much to begin with...if I lost them I would probally look like a boy...LOL

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you are better very soon. Take good care of yourself and you are in my thoughts.
lots of love-cat

cinnibonbon said...

Awwww..bummmer that you are feeling so aweful.
You'll get on the mend soon girl...just make sure you get plenty of rest!!!

Have a good weekend.

Saucy said...

Two things...

1. Concerned about you! This has got to be getting tiring. And,

2. You have a Nordtroms? When can I come visit?

alittlebitofscrap said...

Saucy, you can come up any time you like! Anchorage is a great place to visit and shop! and I'd love to visit :)