The first picture is of me back in April. I'm not sure how much I weighed at the time, but it was probably close to my highest of 315 pounds. I would have never kept this picture before because it is a horrible picture,

but back in April I knew I would one day have the surgery.
This is me now today at 256

pounds. Laying around relaxing, no makeup, just hanging. I can't say that I feel very different, but my clothes are showing it. The pink blouse I had on today was loose even with a shirt on under it. It felt good not to have to tug at my clothes. However! I'm losing my boobs! Wouldn't that be the first thing to go! I had to have a new bra the other day and I've went down through the mid and cup size. I think next payday I will have to buy another bra, because it just isn't holding me up right any longer. The girls need some support! .. :) The other thing is my shoes! My feet are shrinking and I never really had "fat" feet. I've always had a very standard 8.5 foot. Not anymore. Who knew there is fat on the foot?? I already had to give up one shoe collection before (when I moved to Alaska.. I got rid of so many sandals, didn't want to move them all) .. and now if my feet continue, I'll have to donate more shoes. Not that I don't like to donate, but I love my shoes y'all! I'll have to share some of my favs one day! :) One last thing about this whole transformation thing... my Aunt Flo ain't right! She's been a real bad ass. Yikes! nuff said!
As for crafting... I haven't given it up, just slowed pace. Here are some things I'm working on...

This sweater, I'm making as a gift for someone living in Mississippi who requested a blue sweater. I thought that since the winters are mild there this would be perfect with the "holes" in it. I also LOVE Rowan patterns! Here's a link to look inside my book:
Rowan Studio Issue 6
This Lucy Bag will eventually be a felted piece, but for now it is still on the needles. I made one before but it is a little smallish and I really wanted a larger one. I love the small one, matter of fact, it is one of my favorite things ;)
I'm using some left over yarn from a sweater I completed for myself last year and some brown wool. I just love these colors and keep picking them over and over again.

This next bag is also going to be a felted piece. I have finished knitting it but I really want to wait and do the Lucy Bag at the same time as the Market Bag. I am definitely going to use my Market Bag for that very purpose. I believe that plastic bags are a waste and horrible for the environment, so this is my little bit to help save Mother Earth. I love her so dearly!
So other crafting on my to do list:
* Socks, I have a pair on circular needles now and a pair waiting.
* Scrapbooking. I've got a heritage album for my mother and some scrapping for myself. I'm thinking about starting a transformation album, just for myself.
* Sewing.. I've got a bench cushion and some throw pillows to finish before Thanksgiving. I've also got to start on my Christmas stuff for the girls (aprons and knitted wash cloths and maybe some other goodies).
* Photography.. I need to take the time to take some real nice pictures and devote some time to more learning about editing. I've got CS3, I need to learn more.
To Come: Pictures of some little fall decor and what's been going on... Enjoy!
9 comments:
You look amazing!!! congratulations!
WOW!! You look great!!!! Hope you are feeling better.
OMG!!!!! I'm speechless...HONEY YOU ROCK!!!!!!
VA VA VAVOOOM
Congrats...to you baby!
Oh my ...I didn't even notice the rest of what you blogged!!!!....LOL....
You are looking wonderful! It must feel good to go down in size albeit the pocketbook may feel some pinching now!
I think a transition scrapbook is a wonderful idea!
Wow! Congratulations! You look beautiful!
You look great! Especially the serene look on your face :) I love the stuff you are making and totally dig the felted bag. The Rowan sweater is really pretty, too. I don't knit, but my mom does and from she shows me lots of patterns, and I always pick the Rowan ones...
Holy WOW!!!!!!!!! You look amazing! You can definetly tell you lost weight but even in your face you can really tell. I'm really happy for your!
You are looking fantastic on this post but we are dying to see another progress picture - please!
Post a Comment