But at least pin cushions don't bruise!..
Thursday night (9th) I started throwing up really bad and had this pain in my chest.. so I waited it out and finally came to the conclusion that maybe I had just ate something wrong, but I felt so horrible the next morning, I didn't go to work. Friday went by without an incident and I thought I was in the clear but I still felt very strange and weird. Saturday, I decided to go the the new Target with my mother-in-law and hubby and do some other shopping (I really needed a new vacuum, long story!) but.. by the end of just visiting Target and BB&B I was throwing up violently and said I couldn't take anymore and needed to just go home. When we got home, I couldn't quit throwing up, nothing was coming up, it was dry heaves, foamies & phlegm. I decided I just couldn't take it anymore, so dh called doc and described my symptoms and off to the ER we go. I was admitted Saturday night and on Sunday, I had an upper GI. OMG!!! That is the nastiest junk I've ever had to drink and yes, that does include the glucose junk you have to drink for insulin test. YUCK!!! The test revealed that my hole from new stomach into small intestine had closed and the doc dilated it, opening it up. I started to feel better and was released. Monday, I started to feel like crap again, but no need to go to doc, but Tuesday night I had to go to ER AGAIN! Same symptoms, same horrible feelings except this time with nausea. I was treated with nausea medication and IV and sent home. Wednesday, my PCP called and said that she wanted me to come back to the hospital and get some more testing done. *** OK, side note... I had been telling these docs all along that I had a PCP that worked with that hospital and that she should be contacted with any questions and she would be glad to help. Did any of them think to consult with the one person that has been treating me for years??? NO! However, it just so happened that on Wednesday I had a scheduled appointment with the Surgeon for a follow-up and she contacted my PCP with what was going on and they put their heads together and that's how I got re-admitted. ****
I feel way better! The test showed that I had inflammation and that was causing all the rucus! and what a commotion it was!! I had two other test in there involving more icky chalky junk and I would absolutely hate to repeat the test! I was so happy to be released today and I hope I don't have anymore trouble resulting from this surgery.
I have been asked, "Do you regret it?" Well... truthfully, after what I've just been through, had I known, really really known, No, I don't think I would have had the surgery. I don't like pain, I don't like to be sick. However, I've been told many many times that it does get better. All I have to say is .... WE SHALL SEE!!!
and to all you wonderful people sending good thoughts my way... I sincerely appreciate it :)
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
OMG Lisa! I will keep you in my thoughts!!! Keep us updated!!
Aw Lisa, I feel so bad for you. I hope you are all right.
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. I have been popping by to see if you'd posted and was hoping it was because you were occupied crafting! Sorry to hear that wasn't the case! Hope you are over the bumps now and that further recovery is smooth sailing!
Ahhh girlie...
It's aweful...but I think others are right in saying that you will get better and nope I don't think you should have any regets. I think you did the right thing because you did it for other reason than pure vanity. Just hang tight and you'll see things will get better and soon you and hubs will be off having a fab time making a beautiful child!!!
Be good to yourself!!! Get rest and be happy..
XOXO
PS....aside from this little drama...how do you feel...how you like the transformation...detail details!!!!
uhh yeah...I need details on the transformation too! Thanks to cinnibonbon for putting that out there. LOL
HI Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear that you had a set back. I hope that you are feeling much better. It was probably very scary for you. You have been such a trooper! Keep on going, girl. You are doing great.
I love your wedding ring post. That is wonderful!
Tammy
That sounds absolutely horrible! Too soon to say whether it is all worth it or not, you'd best decide after you're all better and have some distance from those nasty tests. That was such an ordeal! I hope you're back on the path again soon... doctors, ugh...
Post a Comment