Wednesday, March 26, 2008

my portrait


Cinni presented her readers with a challenge combined with a goal of hers... "Draw a picture, yes I said "DRAW" a picture of yourself."

I did this one a while back just playing around. It is me sitting on the beach wishing I was home. I was very homesick and missing Biloxi Beach. To me, it isn't a good place to go swimming, but it is a nice place for me time. It holds a lot of good memories: first date with dh, 4th fireworks, seigning for whatever we could catch, gigging for flounder and just playing around. The Biloxi Beach is also part of a 26 mile beach-stretch that is completely man made and is also the longest man-made beach in the world. Just typing this up makes me want to trade the white snow for the golden sands of home.

14 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Aww girl it's BEAUTIFUL!! I love it, thanks for seeing my challenge!!! Makes me all giddy inside...
I'm sorry you miss Boloxi..it is a rather nice place to just hang and chill, the easy life so to speak. I spent a few months there (military) and enjoyed it very much, especially the beach and the plantation homes along side of it. But now I wonder..umm, I'm pretty sure those homes were distroyed during Katrina. Makes me sad too. Girl, that is big difference from cold Alaska to there..whew..I'll keep thinking about you!!! XOXOXO

MJ said...

Hope you are over your homesickness! I admire your effort to draw and post it too! I can maybe draw stickmen so anyone's talent is appreciated as being better than mine!

Kelly Keating-Caraway said...

WOW that is amazing!! I really can't draw so when I saw Luz's challenge I thought she had lost her damn mind and was very worried about what I would be able to produce. After seeing your picture, I am not longer nervous, I am petrified there is no way I will be able to do anything as beautiful as your drawing- I LOVE IT!!!

Michelle said...

Cute drawing! Sounds like you have great memories of that beach...=)

Vee said...

your sketch is gorgeous!!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I absolutely love it. You can draw quite well! I have experienced some alone time on Biloxi beach in 1996 and I agree--good place for reflection

Greta Adams said...

awww girl i wish you were here too...we could hook up and give biloxi a whirlwind...

thanks for stopping by...i hope to see you more often

The Other Side of Me said...

Lisa,
Thanks for visiting again. Your drawing is awesome and leave it to Luz to always bring people together in some way. She is so great! I've added you to my favorites list. See you soon.
Tammy

Angie said...

It's beautiful! Simple, but very beautiful!

Kara said...

This is so cool! I wish I could draw.

Sharmaine said...

Wow that is an amazing piece of art!!AMAZING

Nathalie Kalbach said...

wow- you are so talented- such a wonderful drawing!!!!

Heather said...

I love your portrait girl!! YOu are sooo talented!

MJ said...

You've been away too long! I've tagged you to reveal your quirks and start posting again!!