Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Week Ago Today...

We buried a sister & a friend. This is a poem our sister, Rosa, wrote and quoted at her service.

"CALLIE, OUR SISTER"

HER SMILLE WAS SUNSHINE THROUGH THE RAIN,
BECAUSE OF HER, OUR LIVES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME,
EVEN THOUGH CANCER WAS TO BLAME,
HER SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN,
NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO THE BOND BROTHERS AND SISTERS SHARE,
EVEN THOUGH LIFE SEEMS UNFAIR,
SHE ASKED US NOT TO CRY,
BUT HER LIFE HAS PASSED BY,
NOW HER SPIRIT FLYS WITH ANGLE WINGS,
IN OUR HEART A SONG WE SING,
WITH BOTH SADNESS AND RELIEF,
SO WE CRY WITH GRIEF,
HER PAIN WAS HARD TO BARE,
WE KNOW IT WAS UNFAIR,
AFTER THE RAIN, LOOK UP IN THE SKY,
YOU WILL SEE HER LOVE WITH A BIG SMILE,
AS WARM, LIKE JUNE SUNESHINE


BY:ROSA L. PARRISH
DEDICATED TO CALLIE FROM ALL WHO LOVE HER, FOR ALL THE FUN ALL OF US HAD...LIKE LATE AT NIGHT HIDE AND GO SEEK WITH BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

7 comments:

MJ said...

I know the time is coming where I'll have to say goodbye to my siblings. I've said goodbye to 3 grandparents and a parent. It never gets easier.

cinnibonbon said...

This is a beautiful poem. Dear friend I'm so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

ChaChaneen said...

Happy Friday my sweet friend! I'm getting caught up with your recents post today. Words can't express what I felt when I read that your precious sister received her heavenly promotion last week.

This is a beautiful poem. Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

You would think I would have something insightful to say with the job I do everyday but I dont dear. All I can say is that I am sending you big hugs across the ocean and that your poem is beautiful!

Karen Travels said...

I thought of you as I passed through Ketchikan on my journey. I knew you weren't there but you are still in my thoughts - someday I will make it back to AK and we'll meet!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so truly sorry for your loss.
hugs xoxo the fan

T@iy@ said...

What a beautiful poem! I am so sorry about your loss...

Cyber-hugs(this way you don't actually have people touching you all over :D )