I read Julie & Julia on my way from New Orleans to Ketchikan last weekend and I read the whole 300+ pages in one day!Julie inspired me.. not to be a great cook, but to be a better wife or as I would like to call it "domestic goddess," sounds much better, don't ya think?!
Unlike Julie, I really want to have a very clean house. And why can't I? Not that it is filthy, I just don't keep it 24/7. Is that unrealistic? I don't know. Of course, I think I have unrealistic expectations because my mother did have 3 girls after all and we all shared in the housework. Maybe that's why it seems that she had it "alltogether." I keep thinking that with 5 children, she did it, why can't I? And she cooked dinner every night. I don't. And when I do, I definitely don't do a meat, at least two sides, bread and a desert. That's just plain crazy! I will say, I don't remember very many leftovers.. LOL!
I could go on and on, but that would be a novel experience.
So, I would love to hear your view! What does it mean to you to be a "domestic goddess" and do you really think it can be obtained? And.. do you think I'm crazy for wanting this?
Btw... currently reading My Life in France. So far, very interesting.



1 comment:
Hi!! I'm stopping by from Saucy's blog....I totally want to see that movie when it comes out......I didn't realize it was a book too...*duh*...and My Life in France sounds interesting too.....I've only been reading a book or two a year though :(....to many blogs to keep up on!!! Well, I'm off to peek around.......have a great day!
Post a Comment