Friday, July 17, 2009

Around The Island...


Hal and I were lucky enough to get tour tickets with Allen Marine Tours for a trip around the island this past Saturday. It was incredibly beautiful. The day started out a bit rainy and then we had a break in the rain. It was wonderful!

In my attempt at "domestic goddess," I brought a boxed lunch of Mustard Chicken Salad recipe by Barefoot Contessa. I record her show twice daily on Food Network and watch them later like marathons. I get So! Inspired! when I watch her cook. She's just adorable. I cooked roasted pine nut couscous as a side and brought along granola, fruit and drinks. I'm sure glad we brought the lunch, the boat was selling sandwiches.

Hopefully our next adventure will be kayaking :)

10 comments:

erica said...

Ooh, that sounds good! I love the barefoot contessa, her food always looks deliciously divine and her picnic baskets are adorable. She is quite an inspiration!

Karen Travels said...

I love kayaking!!

Have a given you the new blog link yet?

www.karetrav.blogspot.com

p.s. word verification = testicat

Unknown said...

Sounds good! Glad you had fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy those wonderful things..honestly, you could submit those photos to a magazine! just lovely. xoxo the fan

MJ said...

Sounds lovely but how did the food taste?! Sometimes I've tried new recipes and had to make a break for McD's because they were so lousy!

alittlebitofscrap said...

The Mustard Chicken was delicious and no need for icky Mc. :)

MJ said...

I've made my blog private as Google linked my blog to my personal name when it is Googled. Nasty Google! If you want an invitation, shoot me an email!

alittlebitofscrap said...

hey MJ, don't have your email addy :(

ChaChaneen said...

What a fun day you had! I lurve a picnic too, it's so much fun and satisfying to know you made it yourself. The pictures are gorgeous, niiiiiiiiiiiice camera!

MJ said...

I thought I'd pop back and see if there was a comment in your comments addressed to me! I found it!

Here it is...

m
jickling{at}
sasktel
{dot}net

all one word and use symbols when in brackets!