Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dinners...

I said to myself... well, if I can't go to work, I should at least put a decent dinner on the table... even if I am "recovering." I get enjoyment from the pleasure it brings my sweet dh. . and he is a darling, so he deserves my best, at least.

I thought I would start taking pictures, just in case I decided to scrapbook about it later .. or even write my recipes down.. ha.. ha.. (I find that funny). I rarely, if ever use a recipe! I just know what flavors he likes, and I combine them in a way I think would taste good.

The first picture is stir fry veggies tossed in angel hair pasta with pan fried cube steak. I cooked the steak at the same time I stir fried the veggies (same pan). The pasta is tomato & basil made with jerusalem artichoke flour. The veggies are green peppers, red peppers, onions, broccoli and zucchini cooked in olive oil seasoned with roasted garlic, celery salt and creole seasonings. The cube steak is seasoned with ground white pepper and creole seasonings. A little soy sauce on the veggies is good. Some times instead of doing the pasta, I cook white rice to serve and sometimes I add different veggies, just depends on what's in the frig.. But dh did say he liked this way the best so far :)

The second picture is stir fry fresh green beans with shrimp. The green beans are cooked in olive oil seasoned with fresh garlic, onions, salt, black pepper and basil. The shrimp were added in just before the green beans were finished.

As you can tell my dh is a fan of stir fry and hey! why not... it is pretty fast way of cooking. I usually don't cook the green beans with any meat, but since we had some shrimp, I thought I would try it. Hal liked it :) .. and I was actually able to eat a few bites and was able to keep it down! Yay!


5 comments:

MJ said...

Glad to read that you've found a positive outlet for your recuperating time off! Hope you'll get to some crafting projects soon!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

ok YUM! i love the photos...better than a recipe, i think. Today I was inspired by a trip to the local organic cafe. We made brown rice (not usually a huge fan) and stir fried broccoli, carrots, spinach and red pepper in olive oil, fresh garlic, a touch of ginger, and salt and pepper. We added a little soy sauce as well. It was really good and actually filling...

Saucy said...

That looks absolutely delicious... when should I be there?

cinnibonbon said...

Girl.. you're making look bad over here...I'm so skilled in the cooking departmant!!! LOL..looking good though!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lisa...just wondering how you're doing. I'm having some issues...I think I may have a stricture. I'm bummed...it's only 3 weeks out! Let me know how you're doing. My email is annie_beeker@co.jackson.ms.us

Love ya!
Annie