Saturday, July 12, 2008

Decision.. and now the wait...





I have decided to have the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. I have picked Julie Ellner, MD of Alvarado Hospital Surgical Weight Loss Program in San Diego, CA. I'm quite anxious about it all and have been on Obesity Help looking at all the stories for support, help, other complications, success stories, etc...

I've been thinking about this for a very long time and just recently finished a 6 month diet & exercise program, pyscological exam and other test and I feel I'm a good candidate and would have success. I've also submited all the paperwork to submit to the insurance company and am now waiting to hear back. I hope the surgery will be approved.
I know it will be a hard road, but I believe the ends will justify the means. I've been so consumed with this decision that I spend a lot of time reading others stories and taking in all the information that I can. I really want this to work for me. And when I take care of me, I will be taking care of my family too, so this is not just for me, but for us. If anyone would like to keep up with my story, here's the link to my weight-loss profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/ak_lisa/

In other news.. I hope to clean up my disaster area/spare room.. so I will feel like crafting again. I really haven't felt like it lately.

12 comments:

Sharmaine said...

Wishing you all the best with all the 'paperwork' stuff and hope you get some answers soon, hugs

Heather said...

I'm over here routing for you girl!! I have a few friends that have had it done and they are doing great with it. I KNOW you will too!! fingers crossed for the insurance to come through.

MJ said...

You have made a major decision. I wish you well with this path.

Good luck cleaning the craft room (AKA the everything room?) and hope it inspires positive and creative energies!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes the way you plan. I will be praying for you Lisa!

Renna said...

Whenever I have a monumental decision to make, I throw everything into researching it. I angst over it and I stress over it. I finally pray over it and make it (should do the praying first!). Once the decision is finally made, it's like a weight has been lifted. So, I can imagine how good you must feel to have 'made' your decision. :-)

Thank you for the comment on my dishcloths on my blog. :-)

Your wedding pictures are lovely. You are a beautiful young woman.

cinnibonbon said...

Best wishes ...girl!!!
My mother-in-law did this many many years ago!!!! I believe she lost somewhere like over 150lb. She loves the results.
I am sure you are making the right choice..as only you know what you can handle.
YOu've got strength from your family and friends and that will see you through!!!!!

I'm so thrilled for you!!!!!!!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Thank you all so much for the support and comments, it helps alot. I appreciate my blog friends very much! :)

Debbie Y. said...

I came across your blog through Eggface and thought I would comment. I have had GBS 8 months post-op and am so glad I did. Down to 183 from 278.9, I have 33 to goal. Good Luck.

Unknown said...

I love the GNC at Huffman because the owner is willing to order in for me. I didn't get that response at some of the other GNC's I have tried. I went to the one at Diamond Shopping center and The young guy behind the counter acted like I was weird for asking for low carb protein bars. He also owns the one in Sears mall. I hope that helps you. I will be reviewing workout videos soon. I hope you check them out.

The Other Side of Me said...

Lisa,

I am so moved and proud of you for sharing such a difficult thing in your life. I am so behind you and wish you every good luck on this journey. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tammy

Heather said...

Keeping my fingers crossed over here on the other side of the world for you! Let me know when you hear something!

Just noticed your ticker move again! Congrats!!

Saucy said...

I think this sounds like a fine choice and you have done your investigation thoroughly. I wish you so much good luck and hugs! This is exciting.