Friday, June 29, 2007

A Work In Progress



This is a scrapbook page that I'm working on for my Mother. (Sure wish I could remember what products I was using to give credit, but honestly, I can't remember. Next time, I promise to recognize!)

Hurricane Katrina got a lot of Mother's photo albums wet, so she went through them and took them out of their old magnetic pages and put them in a large box and sent them up to me. I volunteered to help put her pictures back into albums, I just didn't realize just how big of a project it would be for me. Oh.. here it is June 2007 and Katrina was Aug 2005... I'm not 100% complete with one single page, but I've got about 10 pages started. THANKFULLY, my good friend, Layla is having a Midnight Madness crop at her shop The Mad Scrapper tonight or I might, never, Never, NEVER, get this done...

I have tons of ideas rolling around in my head to get this all done, now just to get them out into reality. I think I'm going to start an idea book. When I see something I like or that inspires me, jot it down real quick in my handy dandy notebook. It can be anything from magazines, books, TV.. what ever inspires, then jot something in my book to remind me what it was I was thinkin' to begin with. Its a work in progress....

1 comment:

Saucy said...

You and I could totally get along IRL!! I keep an idea book in my purse to tote along whenever one hits me... another in my bedside table. My husband jokes that my day planner is mostly filled with scribbles, doodles and ideas, not tangible appointments or anything!

A few years back I started ripping good stuff out of magazines, right when I saw them first, I tape them onto letter sized paper and keep them in binders sorted by recipe, decorating, seasonal, etc... how nerdy is that?