Wednesday, January 6, 2010

11 Vine & Leaf Beret


Knitting Nyssa sent me this lovely yarn in a yarn swap through ravelry. She dyed it herself. Something I haven't had the nerve to try yet.

This is the first finished project I've ever knitted from a magazine.
One of my goals for this year is to make something from every magazine I get.
Vogue Knitting
Interweave Knits
Food Everyday
Living
I plan to blog about this. :)

This pattern is #11, Vine and Leaf Beret from Vogue Knitting Fall 2009.
I enjoyed knitting it and obtained the correct gauge, however...
even the small is too big for my head.
And here I thought, I had a big head!
The knitted measurements say circumference is 20" and my head is 21 1/2".
Interesting.
So beware.

Measure your head and if you have a bigger head than mine...
Leave me a note and I'll mail it to ya.
If I get more than one larger head..
I'll pick a random bleader to send it to :)

On to an unfinished project now... more than one sweater.
Sleeves, seaming, accessorizing, blocking, etc...
It is going to be a great year for finished projects!

10 comments:

lisabeth said...

i love the picnik show and i wish my head were bigger!! the beret is lovely.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

OK SOOO CUTE! It is cool that you live in Alaska and can wear snuggly hats often.

cinnibonbon said...

Oh such a nice color..my kiddo love these types of hats--too bad for me my head is too big!! LOL..
Thanks for the word...I think if Iell people about all the changes want to make would all have a better insigh-maybe Ihave to list all my changes out loud!!! Have a good week

the treat girl said...

Loooooove it!! Super cute, Miss!

Saucy said...

You are too funny... large head? Nah! It runs in our family ;)

Heather said...

Love your hat....It is a lovely color!!!

Cant wait to see what else you make from your magazines.

When I get out of my funk I plan on working on my unfinished projects.

MJ said...

Have you washed it in hot water? It would shrink it?...

cinnibonbon said...

email me...I don't have your email addy! venaqui1@aol.com

ImplausibleYarn said...

Oh thats next on my list thanks for the note, my head is a little bigger then that, its good to know. I second the idea of washing it in hot water to shrink it. Thats an adorable hat in a great color.

MJ said...

You can find me at www.justsputtering.blogspot.com