Friday, October 23, 2009

I really enjoy working at The Point, especially since I get to view a revolving selection of art. The Point had a Grand Opening event in September and it featured all women artist which included the work of Tuesday Schmidt. And since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, The Point has graciously donated the below work to the hospital here in Ketchikan.



I just love Tuesday's work. I like the mix of medium and the capture of playfulness. Tuesday lives in Kansas City and when I asked her where did she get some of her inspiration.. she said, "sometimes from the pages of an Anthropologie catalog." I knew I liked her! :)

5 comments:

Karen Travels said...

Love this artwork!

cinnibonbon said...

send me your email..
venaqui1@aol.com

ChaChaneen said...

Very poignant painting. Such fun you must have had to meet Tuesday too!

Wanda said...

This sounds like a lovely place! Being surrounded by art is such a wondeful way to jump start your creative engine! :)

belle said...

wow this work is beautiful !