
Alaska is celebrating its 50th statehood birthday this year. I've never really participated in any events like this and looks like it could be fun, cold... but fun :)I started the New Year out right... I got my butt in gear and got out of the house. This is the first year I've actually gotten pictures of the ice sculptures at Town Square Park. It was subzero out, but well worth the effort.
I usually have a hat and a scarf, but I was in such a hurry and ran out of the house and forget them. Crazy me! My neck was numb by the time I finished taking all the pictures I wanted to take.

ps. I like the way the designers put lights behind the sculptures to show off their features.



7 comments:
Those ice thingys are stunning!! I bet they are more beautiful in person.
I'm glad that you are getting out!! Nice way to start..
Happy New Year
So glad to see you out and about!!
I loved looking at all of these pictures. Alaska looks soo beautiful in all of your pictures. I hope I get there some time in my life!
I have been meaning to go out and get pics of the ice sculptures, but the temps have been keeping me IN! Good thing they are out until March!
What is this Park Strip you speak of? I never know what is going on!
What amazing details on the ice sculptures!
WOW!!! ALaska looks like a such an idyllic winder wonderland :)
Wow! I'm intrigued by ice sculpture artists. To make something beautiful only to have it melt away.
Look at you! You look fabulous! Things are looking up for 2009!
Post a Comment