Monday, January 5, 2009

Changes...

This picture is of us just before Christmas 2007.












This picture is Christmas Day 2008.


















This past year (last quarter specifically) has seen a lot of changes for me... and I'm sure that will continue into 2009. Quite a few people are reviewing their projects and things they've accomplished in 2008.. and the only real thing I can think of that I accomplished was ... all about the surgery and my health. Other than that, I really didn't complete a whole lot..

Things that I still need to complete:
1> Felting projects... speaking of.. I just saw some hats I would love to try!
2> Sewing projects... I've got a bench cushion and pillows that should be #1 on my list.
3> Handmade gifts... I need to finish a doll and her clothes by Feb 10th and get a head start on my Christmas 2009 items.
4> Scrapbooking... that went way by the wayside in 2008 and I love scrapbooking.
5> Editing and learning more about Photoshop CS3!
6> Stay on top of keeping an orderly house... It is just the two of us, I should be able to do this! :)
7> Being thrifty... since I'm shrinking, I've got to stay away from Nordstrom's!! and make myself find an alternative! and maybe find some other neat stuff along the way!

So I have resolved not to make an actual resolution or have a "word" for this new year... but just live one day at a time. I've got my list and as my maternal grandmother would say, "with every little, a lot gets done."

8 comments:

MJ said...

Look at you! Congratulations!!

Your grandma sounds like one wise woman! I'll take her words to heart too!

ChaChaneen said...

Greetings! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting about Tess!

Wow, what a difference a year makes, your pictures are great!

Have a great day and again, thanks for stopping by, it's always fun to meet new people.

Heather said...

Hey...you guys look great! So happy for you sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome Lisa! Congratulations!

I saw over on your sidebar that you have a Save Handmade button. I just read an article today over on Etsy about it. It's sad that it has to come to this. The mom who was part of the article made some really cute and adorable wooden toys.

cinnibonbon said...

YOu look wonderful. Those are great pictures of the 2 of you.

alittlebitofscrap said...

yeah, Angie.. I think it awful that we can be restricted like this. Yes, I do believe that children need protection, but so does the small business owner or the handmaker from home.. Per this new bill, it seems like the most likely people to benefit from this are places like Wal-Mart & Target.. and I think that is horrible. Keep the faith. I hope we can all make a change!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

You look wonderful! My mom had wls 1.5 years ago and I know what a tough journey it can be. She had thought about having the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, but had a duodenal switch instead. You've come such a long way in such a short time - congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hi!
COuld you email me at katyejones@hotmail.com with your full name, postal address, a few fabric likes and dislikes and whether you prefer a local or international partner and I can get you signed up to the fat quarter swap (and I'll email you back with the code for the blog button)

Thanks!!!