Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trying to keep my mind off of it...


My sweet bought me an early birthday present! My very own (first) iPod. Now I'm "with it." Do people still say that? LOL!

So... I was up all night ripping from my CD stack and Downloading from iTunes. So, cool! Did you know they have FREE stuff! How cool is that! and audio books! I've been wanting some audio books for the long commutes in the winter.

I think one of the driving decisions was that he didn't want to share his iPod with me while I was in the hospital or recovering for that matter.. ha.. ha.. So he just bought me one... guess you know where some of our "energy rebate" went to.

I've already told him that I will be putting the majority of my Energy Rebate in savings, along with my PFD! The only portion of it that I will spend will be to get the due maintenance check on the Ridgeline.

Now, as I write this, I'm listening to a shuffle of all songs.. Santana and John Mayer are playing.. Awesome!

In other news... I will be in the air all day on Labor Day. No holiday here.. and flying makes me incredibly anxious, but hey! at least we get to go First Class this time :)

Now tell me.... What's going on with you? How will you be spending your weekend? upcoming holiday? and .... What are some "must haves" on your iPod?

9 comments:

MJ said...

Congrats on your iPod! You have an interesting road ahead; you'll need it!

I have Bryan Adams "Unplugged" on my iPod. He's like Clapton in that his real musicality is masked by electric instruments! Check it out on iTunes!

Heather said...

Congrats on the IPod! Don't feel alone....I only got mine a few months ago too! I am soo in love with it. Check i-tunes like every week...they are always changing what is free and sometimes it is great stuff! :) (sometimes it is really weird stuff...lol)

Sorry you have to be flying for the holiday but have fun in first class!!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I will check out the iTunes. I love Bryan Adams :) and the free stuff!

cinnibonbon said...

Hey girl!!!
Just playing catch up..I love those fish photo's...man those suckers are killer size!!

Congrats on your surgery date!!

Oh my... on your new iPod...that's one sweet gift!!! Very thoughtful of him regardless of why he got it!! LOL
Take carre of yourself!!!!!!
Have a graet weekend.

Heather said...

OMG...I am a huge fan of Bryan Adams. I'm gonna have to check out the unplugged stuff!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

that is so cool!!! you will so love it!!!

ME-chele said...

Hey there, Thanks for visiting my blog.. and I will be sure to check yours more often.. Good luck with your surgery I wish you all the best. Please let me know if you have any questions. I m ight not have all the answers but I can share with you my experience.

Take care & Good luck..

PS.. I am still in the dark ages, I have yet to get an IPOD..lol

Jules said...

Congrats on the I pod, Hope to hear everything goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

Oooo, nice! Don't feel bad, I don't have an ipod. My K. has a Barbie ipod and sometimes I'll listen to hers.

As far as music, I'm always a huge fan of the 80's. Even watched some of the 80 hours of the 80's on VH1 classics this past weekend.